Microsoft is the world’s leading manufacturer of standard software, services and solutions that help people and businesses from all industries and of all sizes to develop their full potential. Security and reliability, innovation and integration as well as openness and interoperability are at the focus of Microsoft’s product development.
For many years now, Microsoft has also been working on constantly improving the appearance of its products and thereby responding to the individual needs of its customers. In the comprehensive product palette, this is apparent, for example, in the Microsoft Limited Edition Artist Series. For a few years now, artist and designers from all over the world eternalize their creative ideas on pc mice. The fourth edition of the limited series is currently available on the market and presents varied designs by artists like Matt Lyon, Dana McClure, Deanne Cheuk and Si Scott. It’s time to add to this list of extraordinary artists who have a unique flair for visual worlds. And that’s exactly why Microsoft needs your support! You could be the designer of the next Microsoft Limited Edition Artist Series!
The winning design in the “Client’s Choice” category will be in with a chance of being produced and sold worldwide as part of the next Microsoft Limited Edition Artist Series. The designer’s logo or signature will also be featured on the mouse and the designer will be mentioned by name during the marketing and the communication.
An internal jury will view and assess all submissions. The jury consists of the product design team from Microsoft USA and the street artist Boogie, who has also created a sample design in his individual style.
The aim of the project is to encourage impulse purchases of the Microsoft mice as a result of the Limited Edition Artist Series’ individual and appealing design.
Create the design for the Limited Edition Artist Series by Microsoft!
Develop an independent surface design that can be used for the Microsoft Limited Edition Artist Series and that combines the latest trends and graphic developments with your individual style. By “surface design”, we mean that the design should not be created exclusively for the particular shape of the mouse, meaning that it is not limited in any way (see the previous designs of the Limited Edition Artist Series).
You should design and submit:
- a design not restricted by a certain mouse shape, but oriented on a square format.
- an example showing how the design will be positioned on the PC mouse.
Under ‘Materials’ you will find corresponding templates and a link with examples of previous Microsoft Limited Edition Artist Series.
Show Microsoft your coolest designs! It is important that you only submit designs for which you own the full copyright and image rights.
Customers who choose Microsoft mice (incl. Limited Edition Artist Series), are frequently:
- Aged between 22-45 years old
- Mainly female
- Have experience with computers
- Live in mainly urban regions
Microsoft does not want to restrict your creativity in any way so there are no specifications regarding the tonality of your design.
- The following elements may not feature in your design:
- Insinuations of violence or depictions of weapons
- Sexist insinuations
- Elements which are precluded by the jovoto conditions and terms of participation
- Onlysubmit designs for which you own the full copyright and image rights.
- If your idea is accepted for licensing you must guarantee that you can provide Microsoft with the following files:
- For print marketing: 300 dpi or vector-based, scalable EPS file
- For desktop wallpaper: 1920 x 1200, 1600 x 1200, 96 dpi
- Digital version of artwork: 1024 x 768 px
Important: Please note, in case of a license transfer of your idea this framework agreement will apply for this project.
Click on the following links to download working material and additional information related to the project.